Location: Roivant Sciences GmbH, Viaduktstrasse 8, 4051, Basel, Switzerland
Affivant Sciences is an incubating private biotech company within the Roivant Sciences company portfolio. An immuno-oncology company focused on the development and commercialization of novel bispecific innate cell engagers for multiple cancer targets through its strategic collaboration agreement with Affimed in Germany.
Affivant owns global rights to the lead program AFM32 as part of this Roivant-Affimed partnerhip announced in Nov 2020. Moreover, Affivant has opt-in rights to 2 addtional exclusive Affimed pipeline compounds. Affivant is fully owned and funded by Roivant Sciences, headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with offices in Boston and New York City, US.
For our headquarter office in Basel, we are looking for a Senior Director Project Management. The Senior Director Project Management will serve as a key driver on R&D projects focused on strategic planning and oversight of operational execution. Reporting to the Head of Operations, the successful individual in this role will ensure team and senior leadership alignment on project objectives, deliverables, and timelines to support the organization’s overall goals. This person will also be responsible for actively managing and integrating highly technical and cross functional teams to ensure the advancement of programs and achievement of milestones in a dynamic, highly collaborative environment.
- This position will require understanding of project strategy and integration of this knowledge into project planning, identification of risks, development and implementation of mitigation plans, and scenario analysis.
- Manage cross-functional project teams with activities including:
- drafting of team meeting agendas and minutes,
- management of processes for teams,
- development of timelines,
- tracking and assisting in prioritization of key project objectives,
- go/no go decisions,
- data review based on key milestones.
- Compilation and tracking of project budgets in collaboration with the finance team.
- Preparing project status reports for team, company, and executive management, as well as tracking of interdependencies of project deliverables.
- Partner with project leader to build and drive project teams through clear designation of team and individual roles and responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively across functional areas so that all deliverables and cross functional interdependencies are identified.
- Reinforce and support team operating principles, best practices and team building to ensure effective and high-performing teams.
- Act as point of contact across external partnerships, CRO management to ensure assigned deliverables are met.
Candidates will be experience Project Managers from the pharma / biotech industry with a proven track record of successfully leading and managing cross-functional teams in (pre-) clinical development. Ideally, they will have spent several years in a big pharma company before transitioning to an entrepreneurial environment, where lean organisational structures, short decision-making processes and a highly collaborative atmosphere allow extensive freedom to pursue the goals of the projects.
Specifically, candidates will have:
- Ph.D. or MS preferred or BS in a science-based subject
- 10+ years of biotech/pharma industry experience
- 7+ years of experience in cross functional projects, including 5+ years in a project management role.
- Thorough experience in preclinical and early development – and proven track record of success.
- Experience managing external CROs a plus.
- Mastery in use of project management tools to assure clear communication and coordination of cross-functional team activities and accountability and achievement of agreed upon company goals and timelines
Please note: As we are exclusively recruiting with Coulter Partner, please send your application documents directly to AffivantCV@coulterpartners.com. Affivant will NOT accept any applications.Apply