Location: Roivant Discovery 451 D Street, Boston, MA 02210 USA
At Roivant, we are passionate about discovering and developing new drugs to impact patients’ lives. Since its inception in 2014, Roivant has launched over 20 portfolio companies (Vants), overseen 5 successful IPOs, established a $3B partnership with a global pharma, built a pipeline of over 40 assets across various modalities and therapeutic areas, and delivered 8 successful phase 3 readouts. Roivant is currently building new capabilities in drug discovery and expanding its existing development engine to become the world’s leading tech-enabled pharmaceutical company.
Roivant’s drug discovery capabilities are driven by our computational discovery platform, which combines preeminent physics-based tools with deep expertise in machine learning to generate unprecedented predictive power that can tackle previously intractable discovery challenges. The tight integration of this computational platform with our experimental capabilities enables the rapid design and optimization of new drugs to address a wide range of targets for diseases with high unmet need.
We believe that the future of drug discovery lies in integrating predictive sciences, biology and medicinal chemistry to accelerate the path to new medicines. This role is an opportunity to be an architect of this paradigm shift and generate transformative benefit for patients.
- Provide scientific leadership for biological activities of drug discovery programs as a biology lead to evaluate the modulation of therapeutic targets by small molecule inhibitors or degraders
- Develop and execute cellular assays to measure drug activity and mechanisms of action
- Identify key scientific questions and participate in setting up goals and timelines for projects
- Lead interactions with CROs, and serve as a disease biology expert on cross-functional discovery teams
- Manage, mentor and inspire junior members of the biology team
- Maintain knowledge of scientific advances and competitive activity from literature, scientific meetings, and external contacts
- PhD in cellular biology, molecular biology, or pharmacology followed by postdoctoral training and 5+ years of industrial drug discovery experience
- An explicit track record of deliveries and impact in drug discovery projects
- Deep knowledge in cellular pathways driving tumor growth or inflammatory response
- Expertise with a variety of laboratory techniques such as western blots, immunofluorescence, FACS, qPCR, ELISA, tissue culture, gene expression, generation of engineered cell lines, liquid handling automation
- Excellent management and mentoring skills with ability to energize and inspire teams
- Experience in protein homeostasis is an advantage
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a fast-paced team environment
- Highly organized, detailed-oriented with excellent communication skills
- Proven record of innovative thinking and a willingness to champion new ideas and solutions
- Views the toughest challenges as the greatest opportunities for personal growth and company innovation
- Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to achieve goals
- Commitment to building a world-class drug discovery organization