Location: Roivant Discovery 451 D Street, Boston, MA 02210 USA
At Roivant, we are passionate about discovering and developing new drugs to impact patients’ lives. Since its inception in 2014, Roivant has launched over 20 portfolio companies (Vants), overseen 5 successful IPOs, established a $3B partnership with a global pharma, built a pipeline of over 40 assets across various modalities and therapeutic areas, and delivered 8 successful phase 3 readouts.
Roivant’s drug discovery capabilities are driven by our computational discovery platform, which combines preeminent physics-based tools with deep expertise in machine learning to generate unprecedented analytical power that can tackle previously intractable discovery challenges. The tight integration of this computational platform with our experimental capabilities enables the rapid design and optimization of new drugs to address a wide range of targets for diseases with high unmet need.
We believe that the future of drug discovery lies in integrating predictive sciences, biology and medicinal chemistry to accelerate the path to new medicines. This role is an opportunity to be an architect of this paradigm shift and generate transformative benefit for patients.
Roivant Discovery is looking for an experienced leader responsible for building and overseeing Compound Management and Assay Operations functionalities at Roivant Sciences. This is a unique opportunity to design and create state-of-the-art capabilities and to lead a team focused on the day-to-day execution of both compound management and automated workflows for drug screening. Working with external hardware and software providers, the successful candidate will design and oversee the installation of a compound management facility involving end-to-end software solutions and integrated hardware, including nanoliter dispensing liquid handlers. Working with relevant stake-holders, the candidate will extend capabilities to build a (semi)-automated facility for drug screening, integrating it with both compound management and downstream data analysis software systems. The successful candidate will build and manage a corresponding team and provide related scientific and leadership support, prioritize resource allocation, and oversee the development of the scientific & operational infrastructure required to meet Roivant Discovery needs in Compound Management and Assay Operations. Some of the key desired attributes of the successful candidate include experience with compound management and assay automation, familiarity with corresponding software systems (and their integration with corresponding hardware), and experience managing a high-performance team. Familiarity with LIMS systems would be a plus.
- Design and lead the build of Compound Management and Assay Operations (Screening) platforms
- Lead the Compound Management / Assay Operations team, providing strategic and technical leadership in all aspects from compound receipt, assay-ready plate generation, compound storage, through to the generation of experimental results and data analysis.
- Oversee the daily operations of the compound management and assay operations capabilities to ensure the timely and precise generation of assay-ready plates and screening data
- Leveraging internal and external support, manage facility infrastructure, ensuring routine maintenance and repair
- Provide long term perspective and operational needs analysis consistent with our vision for success, plan and execute the needed changes to attain and maintain state-of-the-art status
- On-going process improvements to find innovative improvements to both compound management and assay screening processes to identify new assay formats, increase throughput and decrease cycle-time
- Oversee the transfer of established assays to CRO partners, ensuring assay validation meets established QC metrics
- Manage the receipt and shipment of compounds to/from CRO partners to ensure sample integrity and minimized cycle-times.
- On-going oversight of both internal and external screening datasets to ensure assay robustness and reproducibility
- Build a culture of personal accountability, teamwork, and mentorship that supports the professional development of direct reports and others – be a resource for professional growth of colleagues on the team as well as across Roivant
- Sc. or Ph.D. in life sciences, or advanced degree in engineering, or related disciplines.
- 7+ years of drug discovery experience, including relevant experience in compound management and/or assay screening
- 3+ years of experience building, managing, and leading teams to successfully meet objectives supporting the organization, its people, and patients
- Deep practical knowledge and recent hands-on expertise with automated platforms and integration with relevant software modules.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills are required to work with cross departmental teams/functions to drive drug discovery projects
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience building and/or managing compound management / screening facilities
- Track record in pushing the boundaries of assay screening types and formats
- Deep understanding of dose response curve data analysis
- Experience with, and commitment to managing challenging scientific projects in a fast-paced industrial setting
- Hands-on experience with hardware maintenance and repair
- In-depth knowledge of compound management, LIMS, and data analysis software
Roivant Sciences provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.