Location: Roivant Sciences, Inc., 151 West 42nd Street, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10036
Organization: Roivant Social Ventures (RSV) is an impact investing and venture philanthropy 501(c)(3) entity launched out of the Roivant Sciences family of companies. Its mission is to improve equity in healthcare access and outcomes across geographies, socioeconomics, and demographics.
RSV has introduced a new approach to corporate philanthropy, which couples charitable dollars with corporate expertise and infrastructure, in order to maximize social impact. Because of this unique public charity model, it is the only organization in the United States capable of meaningfully improving health equity through market-based solutions, via investment in and incubation of companies and initiatives which, if successful, will improve healthcare access or outcomes for currently underserved groups.
RSV is in the midst of an exciting period of growth. During 2020-21, RSV launched a number of innovative pilot projects that have attracted national attention. The focus for 2022-23 is to scale RSV’s reach through successful external fundraising. The Development Director will play a pivotal role in expanding RSV’s impact by cultivating and closing high dollar donors.
Job Summary: Reporting to the COO, the Development Director serves as a critical member of the Development team. The Development Director will build relationships with and cultivate a broad base of potential high net worth donors, with an initial focus on leads from existing prospect lists. The Development Director will also be responsible for growing the prospect lists from independent outreach and existing networks.
Job Duties: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead day-to-day execution of the fundraising strategy for high net worth individuals, and responsibility for reaching fundraising goals in that category;
- Collaborate with the COO to prioritize and prepare for top strategic donor interactions;
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations, and assist the board and other fundraising staff with their solicitations by providing portfolio development support, strategic counsel, and aid with donor communications;
- Although some research support is available, this role is ultimately responsible for their own new prospect research and will share responsibility for monitoring and identifying new areas of opportunity for major gifts;
- Implement best practices for screening backgrounds and reputations of large donors to protect RSV from any negative PR risk;
- Track and cultivate donors using donor databases, wealth screening tools, and other systems for fundraising needs;
- In future years, determine annual projections and regular reforecasting of major donors in their portfolio; and
- Propose and execute creative tactics for the organization to engage and retain donors.
Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Alignment with and motivation from the guiding principles, mission and vision of RSV.
- 5+ years of nonprofit fundraising experience in major and principal gifts.
- Demonstrable track record of successfully cultivating and growing donor relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A friendly and engaging personality!
- Versatility to be both a self-starter who takes initiative, and a strong and collaborative team member.
- Strong attention to details.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- High standard of honesty and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills; excellent command of MS Office, Outlook; fluency with Blackbaud a must!
- Ability to be flexible and manage multiple priorities at one time.
- Experience or exposure to corporate fundraising, foundations, and grant writing a plus.
Travel: Occasional domestic travel may be required (expected less than 25% of time).Apply