Location: Roivant Discovery 451 D Street, Boston, MA 02210 USA
At Roivant, we are passionate about discovering and developing new drugs to impact patients’ lives. Since its inception in 2014, Roivant has launched over 20 portfolio companies (Vants), overseen 5 successful IPOs, established a $3B partnership with a global pharma, built a pipeline of over 40 assets across various modalities and therapeutic areas, and delivered 8 successful phase 3 readouts. Roivant is currently building new capabilities in drug discovery and expanding its existing development engine to become the world’s leading tech-enabled pharmaceutical company.
Roivant’s drug discovery capabilities are driven by our computational discovery platform, which combines preeminent physics-based tools with deep expertise in machine learning to generate unprecedented analytical power that can tackle previously intractable discovery challenges. The tight integration of this computational platform with our experimental capabilities enables the rapid design and optimization of new drugs to address a wide range of targets for diseases with high unmet need.
We believe that the future of drug discovery lies in integrating predictive sciences, biology and medicinal chemistry to accelerate the path to new medicines. This role is an opportunity to be an architect of this paradigm shift and generate transformative benefit for patients.
- The ideal candidate will have a background in traditional FPGA development with experience designing and implementing high throughput digital cores to accelerate HPC applications.
- The candidate will work with high-level synthesis (HLS) tools to develop full-system architectures that accelerate certain drug discovery workloads, such as molecular dynamics and quantum chemistry simulation.
- The candidate will diagnose any bottlenecks and limitations of logic generated with HLS and replace that logic with optimized implementations in VHDL or Verilog.
- Mixed-language programming skills for FPGAs and experience with system-level integration and bring-up of FPGA clusters with direct FPGA-to-FPGA communications are highly desirable.
- PhD with 3+ years of experience with FPGA and/or ASIC development
- Solid understanding of core computer science concepts, such as data structures, algorithms, parallel and distributed computing, high-performance computing
- Experience implementing high throughput digital cores/algorithms targeting FPGA accelerators
- Experience with traditional HDLs/RTLs (e.g., VHDL, Verilog, SystemVerilog)
- Experience with FPGA and High-Level Synthesis tools
- Experience with heterogenous computing languages (e.g., OpenCL, CUDA, OneAPI)
- Experience with Python/C/C++ programming, Linux, and Git source control
- Domain experience in an area related to molecular dynamics, quantum chemistry, and/or drug discovery
Roivant Sciences provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.Apply