Location: Roivant Discovery 451 D Street, Boston, MA 02210 USA
At Roivant, we are passionate about discovering and developing new drugs to impact patients’ lives. Since its inception in 2014, Roivant has launched over 20 portfolio companies (Vants), overseen 5 successful IPOs, established a $3B partnership with a global pharma, built a pipeline of over 40 assets across various modalities and therapeutic areas, and delivered 8 successful phase 3 readouts. Roivant is currently building new capabilities in drug discovery and expanding its existing development engine to become the world’s leading tech-enabled pharmaceutical company.
Roivant’s drug discovery capabilities are driven by our computational discovery platform, which combines preeminent physics-based tools with deep expertise in machine learning to generate unprecedented analytical power that can tackle previously intractable discovery challenges. The tight integration of this computational platform with our experimental capabilities enables the rapid design and optimization of new drugs to address a wide range of targets for diseases with high unmet need.
We believe that the future of drug discovery lies in integrating predictive sciences, biology and medicinal chemistry to accelerate the path to new medicines. This role is an opportunity to be an architect of this paradigm shift and generate transformative benefit for patients.
High-performance computing (HPC) is central to operations at Roivant Discovery – our HPC resources include an on-premises cluster with over 500 GPUs plus cloud operations with multiple cloud providers. The HPC resources are used to deliver value in method development and drug discovery projects at Roivant on a day-to-day basis.
We are currently looking for a Head of HPC Infrastructure. This position will be responsible for growing and maintaining Roivant’s HPC cluster and cloud resources. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in scientific computing, including both on-premise and cloud HPC resources; storage infrastructure; deploying and growing on-premise HPC cluster and hybrid solutions; and a passion for working closely with scientists and software engineers to solve challenging life science problems.
- Hands-on leadership to provide an effective, reliable, high performance, scalable computing environment to users through fault-tolerant HPC infrastructure.
- Purchasing and deploying equipment on a fast turnaround basis, while consistently keeping downtime to near-zero.
- Understanding current and future user workload requirements to plan for hardware expansion decisions, including sourcing hundreds of GPUs for rapid deployment.
- Interest in working with diverse research teams, including physics-based simulations, molecular dynamics, machine learning, and data sciences.
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of High-Performance Computing experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of cluster resource schedulers, especially SLURM and GPU computing.
- Strong background in various parallel storage technologies, such as BeeGFS, Lustre, and other emerging flash/near memory based storage technologies.
- Strong background in HPC cloud offerings from GCP, AWS and hybrid on-premise cloud solutions.
- Experience in installing and managing high performance storage and network interconnects.
- Experience in evaluating hardware from multiple vendors.
- Debug and troubleshoot hardware, network, and storage issues, including writing scripts and programs to minimize administrative effort.
Roivant Discovery provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.