Location: Roivant Sciences, Inc., 151 West 42nd Street, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10036
At Roivant, we are passionate about discovering and developing new drugs to impact patients' lives. Since its inception in 2014, Roivant has launched over 20 portfolio companies (Vants), overseen 5 successful IPOs, established a $3B partnership with a global pharma, built a pipeline of over 40 assets across various modalities and therapeutic areas, and delivered 8 successful phase 3 readouts. Roivant is currently building new capabilities in drug discovery and expanding its existing development engine to become the world's leading tech-enabled pharmaceutical company
Roivant's drug discovery capabilities are driven by our computational discovery platform, which combines preeminent physics-based tools with deep expertise in machine learning to generate unprecedented analytical power that can tackle previously intractable discovery challenges. The tight integration of this computational platform with our experimental capabilities enables the rapid design and optimization of new drugs to address a wide range of targets for diseases with high unmet need.
We believe that the future of drug discovery lies in integrating predictive sciences, biology and medicinal chemistry to accelerate the path to new medicines. This role is an opportunity to be an architect of this paradigm shift and generate transformative benefit for patients.
Roivant IT is transforming the way technology is used to make our vision of becoming the first PharmaTech company a reality. We do this by being the trusted technology advisors to Roivant leadership while delivering Agile IT as a Service to the functional teams and Vants, to implement innovative technology-driven solutions. As part of the infrastructure team filling the Senior Infrastructure Engineer role, your responsibility will be to take ownership of all Infrastructure at Roivant. The infrastructure team is a cross discipline team of Engineers, as such our responsibilities run the gambit, everything from Layer 1 to Layer 7. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer should be just as comfortable configuring a Network switch or a Linux server in the same day. You should be open to writing code to simplify tasks and understand base level software design patterns. This role is intended to have a bit more responsibilities on the networking side of our disciplines, but we are not looking for a “Network Engineer” that only want to do networking, this is a cross discipline role.
- Maintain production Infrastructure for Roivant.
- Work with other departments and Vants to discover and fix Infrastructure pain points.
- Define and create projects to make production services as reliable as possible. This could include evaluating available solutions on the market or developing tools natively.
- Maintain and create monitoring to promote deeper understanding of Infrastructure service for the company.
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology/Computer Information Systems or related experience. 4 years minimum related experience.
- Must have Experience:
- Hypervisors (Esxi, Hyper-V, Openstack)
- Storage (SAN,ISCSI,ZFS)
- Server experience (Linux,Windows)
- Experience with Networking, OnPrem and in Cloud (BGP, OSPF)
- Site-to-Site VPN (IPSEC)
- Juniper, Cisco, Meraki, Dell Networking experience.
- L4 and L7 Firewalls (Palo Alto preferable)
- Nice To have:
- CI/CD concepts.
- Automation Tools. (Terraform, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Development Lifecycle and tools (Git, unit test, Integration, etc.)
- Python and other Languages (Ruby, GoLang, C#, Java etc.)
- Container development and creation (Docker)
Professional Attributes that you possess:
- Highly motivated, creative problem solver, willing to take on multiple responsibilities at once and consistently delivering results.
- Ability to think strategically with excellent business judgment.
- Resourceful and relentless: independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to deal with complex problems and present recommendations and findings in a clear, concise format.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a startup, early life cycle, product development company.
- Comprehensive understanding of internal control environments within the IT function
- Experience with multiple technology domains including aspects of Windows, Mac, Firewalls (functionality), Office 365 Security, Endpoint Security, and Multi Factor Authentication.
- Familiarity with security and regulatory frameworks including but not limited to: NIST, ISACA, HIPAA, GDPR, etc.
Roivant Sciences provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.Apply