Location: Roivant Discovery 451 D Street, Boston, MA 02210 USA
At Roivant, we are passionate about discovering and developing new drugs to impact patients’ lives. Since its inception in 2014, Roivant has launched over 20 portfolio companies (Vants), overseen 5 successful IPOs, established a $3B partnership with a global pharma, built a pipeline of over 40 assets across various modalities and therapeutic areas, and delivered 8 successful phase 3 readouts. Roivant is currently building new capabilities in drug discovery and expanding its existing development engine to become the world’s leading tech-enabled pharmaceutical company.
As the centralized engine for innovation and development the Roivant R&D team is responsible for: 1) discovery efforts focused on integrating computational and medicinal chemistry methods in order to establish R&D leadership positions in oncology, immunology and rare diseases; 2) working hand in hand with Business Development to establish the scientific rationale and initial development strategy for in-licensing opportunities; 3) providing tactical and strategic R&D support to stand up new portfolio companies (Vants) and advance development efforts across the portfolio.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated, richly experienced scientist with depth in drug discovery to join us on our mission to develop transformative medicines faster. The investigator will be focused on oncology and/or inflammation and will be responsible for developing, executing and automating assays to measure the activity and mechanism of action of small molecule inhibitors or degraders in cellular models of diseases. Qualified candidates will possess expertise in techniques to measure protein levels, gene expression, signaling pathways and cellular phenotypes. The successful candidate will be part of a collaborative team of scientists with expertise in cellular and disease biology charged with rapidly expanding our portfolio of drug discovery programs.
- Analyze, interpret and present complex data, formulate conclusions, and propose experimental strategies within the context of broader project goals
- Establish cellular models of disease and execute assays to evaluate drug activity and mechanism or action
- Design and perform experiments; accurately record, analyze, and present data to project team
- Develop, optimize, Troubleshoot and automate cellular assays to characterize small molecules and degraders
- Maintain knowledge of scientific advances and competitive activity from literature, scientific meetings, and external contacts
- Mentor and inspire junior members of the biology team
- PhD In cellular and/or molecular biology, followed by postdoctoral training; 1+ years experience in an industrial drug discovery setting, preferentially in oncology and/or inflammation
- Expertise with a variety of laboratory techniques such as western blots, immunofluorescence, FACS, qPCR, ELISA, tissue culture, gene expression, generation of engineered cell lines, liquid handling automation
- Detailed knowledge in methods to measure of intracellular signaling pathways
- Demonstrated ability to independently design and execute experiments, record data, and interpret results
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a fast-paced team environment
- Highly organized, detailed-oriented with excellent communication skills
- Proven record of innovative thinking and a willingness to champion new ideas and solutions
- Views the toughest challenges as the greatest opportunities for personal growth and company innovation
- Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to achieve goals
- Commitment to building a world-class drug discovery organization
Roivant Sciences provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.Apply