Location: Roivant Discovery 451 D Street, Boston, MA 02210 USA
At Roivant, we are passionate about discovering and developing new drugs to impact patients’ lives. Since its inception in 2014, Roivant has launched over 20 portfolio companies (Vants), overseen 5 successful IPOs, established a $3B partnership with a global pharma, built a pipeline of over 40 assets across various modalities and therapeutic areas, and delivered 8 successful phase 3 readouts. Roivant is currently building new capabilities in drug discovery and expanding its existing development engine to become the world’s leading tech-enabled pharmaceutical company.
Roivant’s drug discovery capabilities are driven by our computational discovery platform, which combines preeminent physics-based tools with deep expertise in machine learning to generate unprecedented analytical power that can tackle previously intractable discovery challenges. The tight integration of this computational platform with our experimental capabilities enables the rapid design and optimization of new drugs to address a wide range of targets for diseases with high unmet need.
We believe that the future of drug discovery lies in integrating predictive sciences, biology and medicinal chemistry to accelerate the path to new medicines. This role is an opportunity to be an architect of this paradigm shift and generate transformative benefit for patients.
Roivant Discovery is seeking a highly motivated and thoroughly experienced scientist with expertise in practical structural biology. Core responsibilities include design and execution of complex experiments that are grounded in structure but also bridge and blend multiple disciplines (biochemistry, biophysics, etc.) with the goal of applying structural science to the design, discovery, and development of pharmaceuticals. This is a challenging and exciting position for someone who is passionate to make a difference in patients’ lives through the discovery and development of innovative therapies. The successful candidate will work as part of a collaborative team of scientists with expertise in multiple scientific disciplines ranging from synthetic chemistry to cell biology, structure-based drug discovery, and many others.
- Adapt the latest structural biology techniques to the study of protein-ligand interaction.
- Lead from the bench by filling gaps in understanding of fundamental processes from the structural perspective; then applying the learnings towards rapid discovery and evaluation of new chemical matter.
- In collaboration with group members, design protein constructs and help purifying and analyzing them.
- Work as part of a cross-functional project team(s) to provide timely, robust, high-impact results.
- Carefully document research workflows, data and protocols using an electronic laboratory notebook.
- Capture experimental results in database.
- Organize and present data to group members and project team members.
- Mentor colleagues and be mentored
- Other duties as assigned
- Ph.D. with 5+ years (Senior Investigator) of industry experience with documented successes in the structural biology arena.
- Track record of applying hybrid, cross-disciplinary methods to the solution of complex problems relevant to pharmaceutical small molecule Discovery.
- High level of experience in all gene-to-structure techniques – protein construct design, production & purification, characterization, crystallization or cryoEM sample preparation, data collection and structure solution.
- Proficiency in relevant software.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and optimize experiments.
- Demonstrated ability to lead/mentor others.
- Excellent communication skills.
The position will be located our headquarters in the vibrant Seaport district of Boston, MA. Our current facility includes laboratory space supporting protein expression and purification, SPR, structural biology, biochemistry, cell biology and synthetic chemistry.
Roivant Discovery provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.