Location: Roivant Discovery 451 D Street, Boston, MA 02210 USA
At Roivant, we are passionate about discovering and developing new drugs to impact patients’ lives. Since its inception in 2014, Roivant has launched over 20 portfolio companies (Vants), overseen 5 successful IPOs, established a $3B partnership with a global pharma, built a pipeline of over 40 assets across various modalities and therapeutic areas, and delivered 8 successful phase 3 readouts.
Roivant’s drug discovery capabilities are driven by our computational discovery platform, which combines preeminent physics-based tools with deep expertise in machine learning to generate unprecedented analytical power that can tackle previously intractable discovery challenges. The tight integration of this computational platform with our experimental capabilities enables the rapid design and optimization of new drugs to address a wide range of targets for diseases with high unmet need.
We believe that the future of drug discovery lies in integrating predictive sciences, biology and medicinal chemistry to accelerate the path to new medicines. This role is an opportunity to be an architect of this paradigm shift and generate transformative benefit for patients.
Roivant Discovery is looking for an Investigator in the nascent Proteomics group within Translational Chemical Biology. The ideal candidate will have hands-on expertise in mass spectrometry-based proteomics and a strong desire for executing on strategies aimed to expand the druggable proteome. As a proteomics investigator s/he will be a key contributor to the identification and characterization of novel protein-ligand and protein-protein interactions in therapeutically significant biological samples using state-of-the-art mass spectrometry methodology. S/he will establish collaborations and work very closely with other Roivant scientists to identify, characterize, and enable the prosecution of novel targets and characterize the mechanism of action of therapeutic agents.
- Ph.D. or equivalent (e.g., M.Sc. with 3-5 years of relevant experience) with expertise and proven track record in implementation and optimization of discovery proteomics workflows using state-of-the-art LC-MS instrumentation
- Hands-on expertise with common proteomics quantification techniques (e.g., SILAC, TMT and label-free)
- Hands-on experience with cell culture and common proteomic sample preparation workflows
- Well-versed in formatting, analysis, visualization and interpretation of complex proteomic datasets
- Hands-on experience with enrichment of proteins using immobilized baits (e.g., compounds, peptides or proteins)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or R is a plus
- Experience with the setup of targeted proteomics assays is a plus
- Capable of integrating information generated from multiple sources to shape and strengthen experimental design and research hypotheses
- Creative and critical thinker; strong team player with demonstrated ability to solve complex technical and scientific problems
Roivant Sciences provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.