Location: Roivant Sciences, Inc., 151 West 42nd Street, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10036
Roivant is a global biopharma company improving health by rapidly delivering innovative medicines and technologies to patients. We do this by co-incubating pharmaceutical and technology companies called Vants - nimble, independent, entrepreneurial companies focused on delivering results. The Vant Technology team is the software side of this incubator. We build web and data processing applications that integrate healthcare data sources to help support rapid, innovative, and intelligent pharmaceutical development – from discovery to commercialization. By actively partnering with pharma development operators to co-develop software-powered workflows, we can design, build, and iterate in the real world much more rapidly than our competitors. We are exceptionally well-positioned to pull pharma development into the modern era.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer with current specialization in front end development to work on products that range from supporting early clinical decision-making to optimizing and accelerating clinical trials. We want to rapidly test novel ideas staffed with a small, nimble, but well-supported group of engineers. If you love the idea of building, measuring, and learning to drive fundamental change in how pharmaceuticals are developed and brought to market, this role is a great fit.
What you’ll do:
- Identify, scope, and lead the delivery of web user interfaces with core business impact
- Work cross-functionally, including with product, other engineers, data scientists, and pharma experts
- Have ownership of software from design to deployment
- Be collaboratively and actively involved in decision making and setting the ongoing roadmap
- Translate business and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Write things down and actively contribute to documentation
- Work in a collaborative environment where you can build, test and iterate quickly
- Mentor colleagues and help scale a rapidly growing and rapidly moving new organization
Who you are:
- At least five years of software development experience
- At least two years of current experience specializing in front-end engineering using React/NextJS
- Comfortable discussing a feature’s implementation benefits and liabilities with product and engineering staff
- Able to distill a large idea into smaller, iteratively deliverable features
- Experience with a healthcare or life sciences environment a plus
- Experience with a regulated industry a plus
Roivant provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.