Location: Roivant Sciences, Inc., 151 West 42nd Street, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10036
At Roivant, we are passionate about discovering and developing new drugs to impact patients' lives. Since its inception in 2014, Roivant has launched over 20 portfolio companies (Vants), overseen 5 successful IPOs, established a $3B partnership with a global pharma, built a pipeline of over 40 assets across various modalities and therapeutic areas, and delivered 8 successful phase 3 readouts. Roivant is currently building new capabilities in drug discovery and expanding its existing development engine to become the world's leading tech-enabled pharmaceutical company.
The Associate will play a critical role supporting the tax department in meeting their tax compliance responsibilities accurately and on time. This role will take ownership of data gathering, computing routine book to tax differences, information reporting support, research and development credit data and other activities as required to support identified legal entities. The role will cover a broad range of tax deliverables, providing a solid tax background.
A successful candidate will need to have the ability to shift between tasks seamlessly as priorities change, be self motivated to meet internal and external deadlines, and have a high attention to detail in maintaining key documents that are used as source data supporting multiple workstreams.
- Support the US and international tax compliance and estimate processes by gathering data for informational returns 5471 and 5472, as well as 1120 M-1 computations for various book to tax differences including depreciation, prepaids, and accruals
- Support the US R&D credit computations
- Work with vendors to obtain updated W-8-BEN-Es and W-9s
- Prepare property tax returns
- Analyze the sales and use tax implications of individual purchases and support the compliance process
- Administrative support including maintenance of legal entity key facts, tracking of tax purchase orders, invoice review from vendors, and tax payment coordination
- 1+ years of combined tax experience in Big 4 and/or a tax department of a multinational company
- Bachelor’s degree in Tax, Accounting, or related field
- Detail oriented individual with fantastic self review skills
- Strongly motivated to meet internal and external deadlines
- Strong technology skills especially with Microsoft Office Applications